About Halo Leisure
Halo Leisure run 19 leisure centre complexes across two counties in England Wales. Set up as a charitable trust Halo provides value for money activities and facilities that anyone can enjoy.
Why Halo Leisure chose Class Networks
“From the outset, Class understood our requirements and demonstrated they had the technical expertise to deliver and support the complete solution”.
What was the challenge?
To support their continued expansion, Halo realised their ICT services needed rationalising with the capability to deliver greater functionality and consistency across all their sites.
By doing so they wanted to improve the customer experience, reduce operational costs and have a future proof platform that could deploy new applications when required.
What was the solution?
To create a virtual private network to link all sites and users together using Multiprotocol Label Switching ( MPLS) technology and centralise IT and Voice systems into a secure data centre environment.
What is the outcome?
- Consistent user experience – all users can access the same information and enjoy identical functionality at every site.
- Increased productivity – as a fully managed end to end solution, valuable internal resource can now focus on core activities.
- Reduced cost – voice and data now run on the same network enabling redundant connectivity to be discontinued. Calls between sites are free and data speeds have increased.
- Greater resilience and security – Sites are connected directly to the MPLS network with secure access supported by a single, centralised firewall with one gateway onto the public network.
- Built-in disaster recovery – in cases of site emergencies incoming calls can quickly and easily be redirected and staff can log in at home as though they were in the office.
- Expandable platform – additional sites and users can be connected quickly and seamlessly.
- Managed service desk – users have a single point of contact for all IT and telephony issues.
- Improved customer experience – missed calls have virtually been eliminated and the centralised voice platform ensures customers can be directed quickly to the right department. Customers enjoy free WiFi access at every site controlled by a VLAN on the corporate network.
- The proof is in the eating – customer bookings are now up year on year.