Cloud solutions for the voluntary sector
Jonathan Levy, Chief Technical Officer for Class Networks was delighted to join forces with the Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) to discuss the hot issue “Should your Charity be in the Cloud?”. Voluntary organisation such as Care and Repair, Community Housing Cymru Group, Disability Wales, George Thomas Hospice Care attended the Seminar held at the WCVA offices at Baltic House, Cardiff on Thursday 29 September.
Jonathan Levy said, ” We have over twenty years of experience working with voluntary organisations and as a trusted partner of the WCVA, we have built up an understanding of the practical problems such organisations face.”
Class Networks were joined by their partners, Ethical IT and together they explained what the Cloud is and also how voluntary organisations could be taking advantage of the opportunities presented by using Cloud technology.
What do you want to achieve?
Before you make a considered decision to migrate any of your core IT or communications services to the Cloud, think about how your organisation works and what you are hoping to achieve in the future.
- Our current system is old and expensive to maintain
- Our organisation is growing and we have no phone system
- We want to connect with our home & remote workers
- We have multiple offices that we’d like to connect onto one system
- Our organisation is moving, we’d like to keep our existing numbers
- We need a flexible & portable service with no long term commitment
- We want to avoid high up front costs and we also want billing transparency
- Our server is obsolete
- We need to upgrade our software to the latest version
- We need to increase our security against cyber threats
If you ticked any of these questions, then the Cloud has something to offer.
Who are Class Networks?
Class Networks has nearly thirty years of working with organisations of all sizes and sectors. Our expertise supports you in finding the right balance between operational benefits and return on investment. We are committed to ensuring that your network and communications infrastructure is deployed effectively with careful implementation and minimal disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Class Network cloud solutions include:
- hosted servers,
- hosted desktop/cloud computing,
- hosted voice,
- web hosting,
- cyber security – anti-malware,
- data storage and backup
- unified communication – multiple connectivity options – smartphones – call management – call centre
Posted in News