About Age UK Enterprises
Age UK Enterprises is the commercial services arm of charity Age UK and provides products and services designed to meet the needs of those in later life.
Why Age UK Enterprises chose Class Networks
Class Networks and Ethical IT were appointed to upgrade the entire IT system and Communications infrastructure following a formal tendering process. As trusted suppliers to the charity sector both organisations demonstrated to Age UK that they had the credentials, expertise and knowledge to deliver a large scale project for their 180 sites.
What was the challenge?
To support the roll out of Age UK’s new financial services portfolio and centralised IT hosted solution, their entire network needed modernising. As well as being secure, resilient and scalable it also had to be PCI/DSS compliant to meet regulations set by the Financial Services Authority.
What was the solution?
- MPLS Network – provided by Class using a hybrid of ADSL, FTTC and Ethernet connectivity to deliver a secure and resilient network that was PCI/DSS compliant
- Hosted Desktop – provided by Ethical IT with applications residing in a secure data centre
- Hosted Voice – provided by a Call Centre specialist to support incoming & outgoing calls
What was the outcome?
- Consolidation – Supply has been consolidated to three core providers for Connectivity, IT and Voice services
- Future-proofed infrastructure – network is now capable of supporting all existing and future voice and data business applications
- Flexibility – Sites can easily and economically be added and removed from the core network as needs change.
- Security and Resilience – The network is PCI DSS compliant fulfilling Age UK’s obligations under the Financial Services Authority. Key sites also have back up connectivity for extra resilience in case of single site failure